The product: John Plunkett’s Anti-Ageing Crème Cleanser
The claim: Non-foaming and pH balanced, John Plunkett’s no-tear, fragrance and colour free formula is ideal for easy makeup removal and use on sensitive skin, cleansing and nourishing your complexion without stripping away the skin’s natural protective oils.
The rant: Anyone who knows me knows that I am a cleansing Nazi. I have experienced the effects of a lazy cleansing routine first-hand, and they ain’t pretty. Neglecting to adequately wash away the makeup, sweat and dirt that build up in your pores during the day almost always leads to clogging of the skin, resulting in nasty blackheads and acne breakouts. And let’s face it – no amount of makeup can cheat the feeling of confidence you get when your skin feels clean and healthy.
Unfortunately, not all cleansers are made equally. Many are messy, time-consuming, irritating and – let’s face it – a right pain in the bum to use. For this reason, I am a BIG fan of cream cleansers. Cream cleansers attack deep down dirt without the need for jumping in the shower and working up a lather – you also tend to need to use far less formula to get results, so they generally last the test of time.
My favourite cream cleanser of the moment comes from a little-known beauty brand that in my expert opinion, is set to be the next big thing in the beauty world. John Plunkett’s Cosmeceuticals was developed more than two decades ago by a guy who knew a thing or two about the needs of skin under the elements of the Australian climate – renowned Australian pharmacist John Plunkett. The all-Australian brand has grown dramatically since then and is a real stand-out in comparison to many of its competitor brands. John Plunkett’s Anti-Ageing Crème Cleanser is a clear example of this – completely fragrance and colour free, the unique non-irritating, anti-foaming formula can be used on all skin types and contains emollient properties to soothe, repair and nourish the skin, helping to plump out fine lines. (I just LOVE a multi-tasker!)
This product is so easy to use that I regularly use it at my desk at work. Simply rub a ten cent coin sized dollop over the face then wipe off using a damp tissue. I also find myself using it to keep my hands super soft during the day – the creamy, moisture-rich formula is perfect for using alone in small quantities when you don’t have a regular hand cream or moisturiser handy. For a more thorough clean, I like to rub the formula in and rinse off with warm water during my morning shower too. Since using it, I’ve found I’ve been able to skip my daily moisturiser when I’m in a hurry without the fear of my face drying out. At the same time, the cleanser is not too heavy or oily, so it wipes or rinses off easily and doesn’t clog pores.
An integral part of my daily beauty routine that’s completely hassle-free and leaves my with fresh, radiant, noticeably softer skin, John Plunkett’s Anti-Ageing Crème Cleanser is a real fave of mine. I hope it will become one of yours, too!
- Removes Makeup
- I'm not a huge fan of the brand John Plunkett......but I did like this cleanser. It removed my makeup easily and I didn't really have to use a lot of it to get the job done. It didn't leave my skin feeling stripped, tight or dry either which for me is a big PLUS! Review by Juanita
- love it! super mild & soothing
love this as a face wash and i use it together with my clarisonic as it doesn't foam up. i have some sensitive patches of skin on my face and this did not irritate at all.
it does not take all my eye makeup off when i use it in the shower though but have not tried to use it on a dry face, it doesn't worry me that much though as i have my own separate eye makeup remover. Review by jackie
- Loved it!!! doing good job
- this is one one cleanser which cleaned my mascara without any trouble... total fan!! 10 on 10!!! Review by Talat
- im sold
- i think id have to use this for a while to see acually youfull age results, however, it did take off my makeup easily, i wear alot of waterproof stuff because im always on the rush rush, and i always find mascara never coming off then leaving me with big panda eyes, this got most of my mascara off forst wash, and it didnt irrate my eyes, so i give this a top result, ill keep on using the sample, might go buy myself a full size! Review by kimberley
- Smell's interesting but does the job!
- I was a bit apprehensive about using this as I always use wipes but it isn't too bad and really does take my makeup off so easily and leaves my skin feeling soft and hydrated. I can't place the smell of it however and feel a little sick each time I use it because of this. Review by Rosy