At Beauty Basket your privacy and confidence is important to us!
This Beauty Basket is owned and operated by Reed Pacific Pty Ltd ABN: 46 051 752 044 “Reed Pacific” 1037 Old Northern Rd Dural 2158 NSW.
Reed Pacific is bound by the National Privacy Principles:
As a private sector company, Reed Pacific is bound by the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2001. Under the Act, Reed Pacific can choose to develop and be bound by a Privacy Code or choose to comply with the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2001. Reed Pacific has chosen to be bound by the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2001.
Personal information held by Reed Pacific:
Reed Pacific will only collect personal information that is vital to conducting business with you. This may include:
* Your name, address and contact details
* Account name and account number held by financial institutions from which payments for products and services provided by Reed Pacific are made and information obtained as a result of credit checks which you authorise us to carry out.
* Records of communications between you and Reed Pacific relating to products and services provided to you.
How we collect personal information:
Reed Pacific collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
* Directly from you, (e.g. during registration or application for products and services, forms on our website), when you provide information by phone or in documents such as an application form
How Reed Pacific uses personal information:
Your personal information may be used to:
* Identify you and to assist you in your enquiry for our products and services more easily
* Provide the products and services you require
* Administer and manage those products and services, including charging, billing and collecting debts.
* Gain an understanding of your information and product service needs in order for us to provide you with a better, more personalized product or service that is tailored to your needs
* Inform you of ways the products and services provided to you could be improved
* Conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud
* Research and further develop our products and services
Securing your personal information:
Your personal information is maintained on Reed Pacific in-house customer servers, these systems are backed up and archived each day to secure storage. The secure storage media is rotated and checked for integrity each week, whilst professionally trained staff maintains integrity of the customer systems and therefore your information.
Disclosing personal information:
Where appropriate, these disclosures are subject to privacy and confidentiality protections. Your information will not be disclosed unless there is the need for:
* billing and debt-recovery functions
* credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies
* Credit providers for credit related purposes such as creditworthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing.
* Our professional advisers, including our accountants, consultants and lawyers'
* government and regulatory authorities and other organizations, as required or authorized by law.
Access to your personal information:
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know by sending an email using the contact us page. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. Reed Pacific reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
This policy was last updated on 11th November 2009.
You can complain about breaches of your Privacy in writing to:
Customer Care Manager
Reed Pacific Pty Ltd
PO Box 231 Round Corner
NSW, Australia - 2158
Beauty Basket in partnership with eWay, provide a secure payment system for all purchases. This involves payment page encryption to protect private information. Beauty Basket prides itself on the safety and ease with which transactions can be made.
All sensitive information - personal details and credit card information is kept confidential through encryption. This means that information can only be exchanged between you and us, and no one else! A padlock symbol is usually displayed in your web browser when a page is covered by this security system.
Just to make sure you're really safe, we ask for your card's security code when you enter your payment details. For most cards, this is the last three digits printed on the signature strip on the back of the card. For AMEX the code is the four digits printed on the front of the card, above the main card number.